Merchant Law Group LLP is pursuing class action litigation against the provincial governments of Manitoba and Saskatchewan, on behalf of persons who during certain years suffered personal injury while a minor in foster care, as a result of a tort or criminal act by a third party. This class action litigation seeks to create a compensation fund and other benefits for the above persons.

IF YOU WERE PLACED IN FOSTER CARE IN ONE OF THE ABOVE PROVINCES AND WISH TO JOIN THE CONTACT LIST REGARDING THIS CLASS ACTION LITIGATION, PLEASE COMPLETE THE BELOW FORM. (Please note, providing your contact information creates no lawyer-client relationship. You are not charged any fee or cost for joining the contact list for this class action – our law firm would likely paid a contingency fee from the compensation recovered, if this class action is successful.)

Merchant Law Group LLP has 10 offices across Canada, with lawyers practising law in six provinces. Merchant Law Group LLP and Tony Merchant, Q.C. are well known for pursuing class action lawsuits in Canada including litigation regarding Winners/HomeSense, Various Cellular Phone Fees, BCE Dividends, GM Gasket Manifolds, Hip Implants, Lead Paint in Toys (and similar consumer products), Maple Leaf, Celebrex/Bextra, Vioxx, Sony, Residential Schools and various other cases. Tony Merchant, Q.C. is known to be one of Canada’s most active litigators with more than 600 reported cases in leading Case law Journals, having argued thousands of cases before the Canadian and American Courts, in Trial and Administrative Courts, and the Courts of Appeal of various American and Canadian jurisdictions, the Federal Court of Canada, and the Supreme Court of Canada. Tony Merchant, Q.C., has a long history in pursuing public policy cases and is a former Member of the Legislative Assembly (M.L.A.)

Please note, our law firm is not able to provide any advice or assistance to individuals who were placed in foster care in Alberta.

For information regarding potential litigation concerning foster care abuse in other provinces, please do not complete the form below, and instead email our office with your details at